Feeling the holiday spirit, attendees of a Dallas area mosque gathered in the building’s restroom stalls to perform ghusul-renditions of popular Christmas carols.
The improvised, all-male quartet represented a wide range of deep and high notes as they masterfully coordinated body sounds, and splashes from their respective water vessels.
Some of their hits included:
- Splish-Splosh Bells
- Tableeghi Jamaat is Coming to Town
- Miswaks Roasting on an Open Fire
- I’m Dreaming of a White Convert
- Ghusul While You Work
- All I Want for Christmas is Eid
- It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Depending on a lunar calendar and what moon sighting committee decides)
Audience member Noor Hussaini was visibly moved during the hour-long performance.
“It brought a tear to my eye,” said Hussaini as he frantically searched his pockets for a tissue.
“It’s either a tear, or a drop of water from all the splashing. Next time, i’m bringing a pancho.”
Follow @islamicanews as we reluctantly cover the encore.
Share Link: https://islamicanews.com/5pagu